The cover design of our magnificent journal is adapted from the celebrated Catalan Atlas (1375), attributed to master map-maker Abraham Cresques of Majorca, Spain.
• This cosmological diagram places earth in the center, personified by an astronomer holding an astrolabe.
• Around the earth, the elements, planets, signs of the zodiac, and moon phases are displayed within concentric circles, and the four seasons are portrayed in the corners.
• Cosmology is enhanced with subtle iridescent highlights and embossed for a dimensional effect.
• The journal provides 192 lightly-lined opaque pages for personal reflection, sketching, making lists, or jotting down quotations or poems.
• Creamy-smooth acid-free archival paper takes pen and pencil beautifully.
• Gold gilding on side of pages.
• Hardcover journal lies flat for ease of use.
• 7-1/4'' wide by 9'' high.
• A superb gift.